Sunday night’s supermoon eclipse elicited awe, wonder and some pretty stellar amateur Instagram photography skills from around the world. Whether they used smartphones, DSLRs or point-and-shoot cameras, Instagrammers scrambled to capture the moon’s fleeting intensity, posting snaps from Canada to Egypt to South Africa of the red eclipse.
Take a look at the global phenomenon in the snaps below, though TIME hasn’t been able to independently verify these pictures.
San Diego, Calif.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma