Sunday night’s supermoon eclipse elicited awe, wonder and some pretty stellar amateur Instagram photography skills from around the world. Whether they used smartphones, DSLRs or point-and-shoot cameras, Instagrammers scrambled to capture the moon’s fleeting intensity, posting snaps from Canada to Egypt to South Africa of the red eclipse.
MORE: See the Entire Supermoon Eclipse in 9 Seconds Flat
Take a look at the global phenomenon in the snaps below, though TIME hasn’t been able to independently verify these pictures.
San Diego, Calif.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement