It started with an Instagram post. First Lady Michelle Obama teased a photo of the decor for Friday night’s China State Dinner, that offered a glimpse at the glamour to come.
Needless to say, the First Lady looked stunning in the custom black Vera Wang mermaid gown she donned for the dinner, during which Hollywood bigwigs hobnobbed with Silicon Valley masterminds and international officials, and the Internet pretty much freaked out about it.
Renowned fashion designer Vera Wang tweeted it was “such a privilege” as an American of Chinese heritage to design the First Lady’s gown.
From Twitter to the First Lady’s own Instagram comments, to the President himself, few could help but note Mrs. Obama’s posh and glamorous look.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.