Turns out the rumor about Burger King offering black hamburger buns in U.S. stores is not just a rumor.
Starting September 28, the $4.99 “Halloween Whopper” will come with a black hamburger bun as a special promotion for Halloween.
The buns are baked with A.1., according to a news release. “Layered between the buns is savory flame-grilled beef topped with melted American cheese, ripe tomatoes, fresh lettuce, creamy mayonnaise, A.1.® Thick and Hearty Sauce, crunchy pickles, and sliced white onions.”
The news comes a year after Burger King Japan tested burgers with black hamburger buns, black cheese, black ketchup, all made from squid ink and bamboo charcoal.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement