Turns out the rumor about Burger King offering black hamburger buns in U.S. stores is not just a rumor.
Starting September 28, the $4.99 “Halloween Whopper” will come with a black hamburger bun as a special promotion for Halloween.
The buns are baked with A.1., according to a news release. “Layered between the buns is savory flame-grilled beef topped with melted American cheese, ripe tomatoes, fresh lettuce, creamy mayonnaise, A.1.® Thick and Hearty Sauce, crunchy pickles, and sliced white onions.”
The news comes a year after Burger King Japan tested burgers with black hamburger buns, black cheese, black ketchup, all made from squid ink and bamboo charcoal.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve