The invention of the nap desk is bringing a whole new level to feeling like you live at work. Greek Design firm Studio NL has created a workstation with a lower panel that doubles as a single bed for all your work-napping needs.
While appearing at first glance to be a normal desk, the hybrid features a front panel that slides out, and a side panel that folds into an elevated headrest. A few easy adjustments transforms your workspace into a comfortable resting area.
“The main concept was to comment on the fact that many times our lives are ‘shrinking’ in order to fit into the confined space of our office,” Athanasia Leivaditou, designer of the desk, said. “Eventually, I realized that each civilization may have a very different perception of things depending on its social context. For example, this desk could be used for a siesta or for a few hours of sleep at night on those days when someone struggles to meet deadlines.”
And with recent studies suggesting that the negative health effects of a sleepless night can be combatted by a quick snooze, it seems like the perfect time for the “1.6 S.M. of Life” prototype to hit the market.
It also seems like the perfect time for you to volunteer to be the first in your office to test it out.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time