While the Republican presidential field is busy fighting over who hates Iran the most, European leaders are flocking to do business there.
“We can either sit on the sidelines, watch the world move ahead and gradually decline — plenty of other countries are taking that path — or we can get out there and plant our flag in the ground,” he told the FT.
Britain is following the lead of other countries which had been imposing U.S. led sanctions against Iran to punish it for a secret nuclear program that broke international treaties. France, for instance, sent a large trade delegation to Tehran this week.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving