Sam Smith is making good on all those Adele comparisons he received early on in his career by landing a James Bond song of his own. After initially denying that he was taking over the coveted theme-song duties from the “Skyfall” singer, Smith debuted on Friday the full version of “Writing’s on the Wall” from the upcoming Bond film Spectre, due in theaters Nov. 6. The sweeping ballad keeps it fairly traditional—you won’t find the glitched-out vocoder weirdness of Madonna’s “Die Another Day”—and it’s already gotten the approval of Sir Roger Moore, the actor who played 007 for seven movies between 1973 and 1985. You can get the track here.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive