Kanye West told Vanity Fair that his presidential run is no joke. The rapper and designer said he’s “definitely” still thinking of running in 2020.
He also discussed the audience’s surprising but encouraging reaction to his seemingly spontaneous announcement at the 2015 Video Music Awards:
West went on to pitch himself as a DC outsider. “I hate politics. I’m not a politician at all. I care about the truth and I just care about human beings. I just want everyone to win, that’s all I can say, and I think we can,” he said in the interview.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement