One of the most noticeable changes in Apple's new iPhone update is a more powerful Siri.
The new Siri in iOS 9 isn't just a question-and-answer machine — she can predict what you want to do or who you want to talk to before you even ask.
But Siri has improved in other ways, too.
Here's a look at what you can do with Siri as part of Apple's new iPhone update.
(For more on how to upgrade to iOS 9, check this out.)
1. Siri can help you search for photos on your phone by time or location
So you can say something like: "Show me photos from August 2014," or "Show me photos taken in New Jersey," or "Show me photos taken in New Jersey in August 2014."
More from Business Insider:
- 16 reasons Android phones are STILL better than iPhones
- These are the 15 best apps to meet cool people around you — and while you're traveling
- Apple should fix the iPhone snooze button — now
- 7 features most people don't know exist in Instagram
- You probably wake up 8-11 times a night — plus 21 other discoveries from sleep-tracking apps
2. You can now set reminders based on location
This means you can ask Siri to remind you to perform a certain task when you leave the house or leave work rather than just setting reminders for a specific time.
3. You can also have Siri remind you to read content in Safari, Messages, Mail, and Notes at a later time
So, if you catch an email just before your subway heads underground, you can ask Siri to remind you to check that email later.
4. Siri also offers suggestions for who you might want to contact and which apps you want to use
If you swipe over to the left of your home screen, you'll see a list of suggested contacts and apps. It seems like these choices are based on the people you text or call most frequently and the apps you use the most.
5. Apple's virtual assistant also helps you find places you may want to visit before you even ask
The Siri Suggestions screen has a section called Nearby that offers up restaurants, coffee shops, shopping locations, and gas stations near you with accompanying Yelp reviews.
6. You can also ask Siri for public transit directions in iOS 9
Say something like, "Get directions to Hammerstein Ballroom," and she'll pull up a route. This is now possible because Apple Maps supports public transit directions.
7. You can convert grams to pounds, inches to feet, and any other unit of measurement right through Siri without having to be redirected to a web browser
The new search engine in iOS 9 powered by Siri gets this information for you instantly.
8. You can do the same with sports scores too
Just type in the name of the team you want to check on.