During Wednesday’s episode of South Park, the show took on Donald Trump and ended with a cartoon version of the Republican presidential candidate frontrunner being raped and murdered by Mr. Garrison.
Titled “Where My Country Gone?,” the episode focused on Mr. Garrison’s increasing anger at Canadian immigrants. “We should have put up a goddamn wall,” he says at the beginning of the episode. The teacher is later fired from his job at South Park elementary school for his extreme views, and then provides his policy on immigration: “F— them all to death.”
“I’m just saying what everyone is thinking here, kids. Sorry, not sorry,” Mr. Garrison tells his students.
As Mr. Garrison’s outlandish statements gain traction, he’s given a bigger platform. “F— them all to death. Let’s make this country great again,” Mr. Garrison says about Canadian immigrants, a clear reference to Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”
Read the rest of the story at EW.com
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space