Pope Francis gave Speaker John Boehner a gift during a private meeting Thursday morning.
The pope’s gift was a bronze bas relief decorated with the logo of the World Meeting of Families, the largest gathering of Catholic families in the world. Held every three years, the event will be held this year in Philadelphia, the last stop on the pontiff’s three-city tour of the United States.
This year’s theme is “Love Is Our Mission: The Family Fully Alive, according to its website.
Pope Francis also gave President Obama with raised bronze sculpture on Wednesday.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow