Many have taken to Instagram to share moments during Francis’ first United States visit as the Pope, including one lucky boy—Kristupas Vorobjovas, 11—who gave us all #selfiegoals in front of the Vatican Embassy.
A group of nuns also got in on the fun, “tailgating” before mass in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
Pope Francis was welcomed at the White House Wednesday morning, followed by a prayer service at St. Matthew’s. He will continue his U.S. tour in New York City Thursday, followed by a trip to Philadelphia.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List