Many have taken to Instagram to share moments during Francis’ first United States visit as the Pope, including one lucky boy—Kristupas Vorobjovas, 11—who gave us all #selfiegoals in front of the Vatican Embassy.
A group of nuns also got in on the fun, “tailgating” before mass in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
Pope Francis was welcomed at the White House Wednesday morning, followed by a prayer service at St. Matthew’s. He will continue his U.S. tour in New York City Thursday, followed by a trip to Philadelphia.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?