Many have taken to Instagram to share moments during Francis’ first United States visit as the Pope, including one lucky boy—Kristupas Vorobjovas, 11—who gave us all #selfiegoals in front of the Vatican Embassy.
A group of nuns also got in on the fun, “tailgating” before mass in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
Pope Francis was welcomed at the White House Wednesday morning, followed by a prayer service at St. Matthew’s. He will continue his U.S. tour in New York City Thursday, followed by a trip to Philadelphia.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve