Sia’s upcoming album is called This Is Acting because, as the “Chandelier” singer explained in February, “They are songs I was writing for other people, so I didn’t go in thinking ‘this is something I would say.'” It’s not hard to figure out whom she had in mind when writing the soaring first single “Alive,” which you can hear above. Not only does it sound like a soulful Adele power ballad, trotting along just like “Rolling in the Deep,” the elusive chanteuse (seriously, Adele, where’s the album?) is actually listed as a co-writer alongside Tobias Jesso Jr., who made TIME’s list of the best songs of the year (so far) in June. If this is the kind of quality material that reportedly isn’t good enough to make Adele’s album, then the follow up to 21 is probably going to slay when it’s expected to arrive in November.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears