R&B star Usher has married his girlfriend Grace Miguel — an affair so quiet that the world didn’t catch wind of it until Miguel posted a picture to Instagram of the two on what appears to be a Cuban honeymoon.
The lovebirds had reportedly been engaged since February, but plans for a larger wedding in Usher’s hometown of Atlanta apparently gave way to the decision to elope in relative secrecy.
Neither Usher nor Miguel have spoken publicly about the nuptials, but Us Weekly cites unnamed sources confirming that the two got hitched before leaving for Cuba over Labor Day weekend. Miguel’s Instagram post shows a gold band prominent on Usher’s finger.
Miguel, eight years Usher’s senior, has worked as the artist’s manager for more than three years, though the two began dating in 2009.
Usher’s first marriage, to Tameka Foster, lasted just two years and ended the year he began dating Miguel.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out