R&B star Usher has married his girlfriend Grace Miguel — an affair so quiet that the world didn’t catch wind of it until Miguel posted a picture to Instagram of the two on what appears to be a Cuban honeymoon.
The lovebirds had reportedly been engaged since February, but plans for a larger wedding in Usher’s hometown of Atlanta apparently gave way to the decision to elope in relative secrecy.
Neither Usher nor Miguel have spoken publicly about the nuptials, but Us Weekly cites unnamed sources confirming that the two got hitched before leaving for Cuba over Labor Day weekend. Miguel’s Instagram post shows a gold band prominent on Usher’s finger.
Miguel, eight years Usher’s senior, has worked as the artist’s manager for more than three years, though the two began dating in 2009.
Usher’s first marriage, to Tameka Foster, lasted just two years and ended the year he began dating Miguel.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up