The pressures of staying thin in Hollywood can be strenuous, just ask Sarah Jessica Parker.
On Wednesday, the 50-year-old actress made an appearance on Sirius XM Radio Andy’s My Favorite Song w/ John Benjamin Hickey where she explained the meaning behind her go-to tune “Everybody Dance Now” by C+C Music Factory.
“Picture me running with a Discman,” the mom of three shared before Hickey added, “You’re in fantastic shape, is this the reason why?”
Although the hit tune is her fave of all time, there’s a memorable reason as to why.
“I was about to do Honeymoon In Vegas and before that I was off to do another movie in Iowa,” Parker, who was 27 at the time, recalled. “The producer of Honeymoon In Vegas was very concerned about me being fit for Honeymoon In Vegas. So they sent a treadmill to Iowa.”
“Are you kidding me?” Hickey responded as the Sex And The City star added: “Dead serious.”
In preparation for her bathing suit, Parker fondly remembered working out to the C+C Music Company anthem.
“I would very diligently go out every single day and run like a lunatic to this song. And then when I went to Iowa, on the treadmill, I would continue to run to the song,” she said. “And then we went to Vegas and I had a treadmill also in my room and I would get up every morning and run.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears