Donald Trump fired a new salvo Wednesday in his on-again-off-again feud with Fox News, saying he won’t be appearing on the cable network “for the foreseeable future.”
“.@FoxNews has been treating me very unfairly & I have therefore decided that I won’t be doing any more Fox shows for the foreseeable future,” Trump said on Twitter.
Trump’s boycott of Fox News is only the latest volley in his ongoing fight with the network. The Republican presidential candidate has for weeks been at odds with high-profile host Megyn Kelly, about whom he made remarks that were widely derided as sexist after she subjected him to tough questioning during the first debate last month. After that initial spat with Kelly, Trump said Fox News chief Roger Ailes called him to assure him fair treatment by the network. “He is a great guy & assures me that ‘Trump’ will be treated fairly on @FoxNews. His word is always good!,” Trump said on Twitter at the time.
But on Monday Trump, who is still leading polls for the GOP nomination, attacked Fox News host Bill O’Reilly for, he said, not publicizing polls that reflected well on his performance: “.@oreillyfactor was very negative to me in refusing to to post the great polls that came out today including NBC. @FoxNews not good for me!”
Fox News has responded with a statement saying Trump’s appearance on The O’Reilly Factor was cancelled, prompting the candidate to declare his boycott. “When coverage doesn’t go his way, he engages in personal attacks on our anchors and hosts, which has grown stale and tiresome,” the network said.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time