Hillary Clinton took on the role of Val the bartender last night in a Saturday Night Live skit, and let’s just say it wasn’t her smoothest performance yet.
In the skit, which kicked off with Miley Cyrus moaning about the lack of choices in the field at a nondescript bar as a nondescript woman, Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) and her aide, Huma Abedin (played by Cecily Strong), are grabbing a drink and talking strategy. Huma steps aside and “Hillary” has a vision of chatting up her bartender Val (played by the real Hillary Clinton).
“So, Hillary,” Clinton asks “Clinton.” “What brings you here tonight?”
“Well, I needed to blow off some steam,” McKinnon says. “I’ve had a hard couple of 22 years.”
Clinton attempts to wisecrack about being a grandmother, the Keystone XL pipeline, and awkwardly stumbles on the words gay marriage. Shining briefly in a moment when she does a Donald Trump impression, Clinton closed out her performance with a sing-along with McKinnon to the tune of Bill Withers’ “Lean on Me.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022