1. Pope Francis is changing a lot about the Catholic Church — but not its attitude on women.
By Lisa Miller in New York Magazine’s the Cut
2. Can this early warning tool predict — and help stop — the next genocide?
By Aamna Mohdin in Quartz
3. Schoolkids don’t just need iPads. They need data plans.
By Issie Lapowsky in Wired
By Amanda Taub in Vox
5. We all know sitting is bad for you. But fidgeting can help (really).
By Alexandra Sifferlin in Time
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk