The FBI has uncovered emails from Hillary Clinton’s private email server that were said to have been deleted, according to new reports.
Bloomberg and the New York Times, citing unnamed officials, reported the news, which could exacerbate a political controversy the Democratic presidential candidate has tried to put to rest. The agency’s review whether classified information was mishandled in connection with the private email server Clinton used while she was Secretary of State is expected to continue for several months.
It remains unclear how many emails the FBI recovered and whether they will be made public.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement