Fear not, lovers of stretchy, comfy clothing known as activewear — the ladies behind the Australian sketch comedy group, Skit Box, want to assure you that it’s totally okay to wear them anywhere but the gym.
From going grocery shopping, to drinking coffee to even being hungover, these ladies show the multiple ways that you can don activewear without actually exercising.
This particular send-up was uploaded on Tuesday by the Van Vuuren Bros, an Australian comedy duo who have gained notoriety and fame in their homeland with their depictions of hipster life on Bondi beach. In this case, one half of the duo, Christaan Van Vuuren, directed and co-wrote the song behind the video, Mashable reports.
The video may seem ridiculous, but the numbers speak for themselves in confirming that this trend is undoubtedly on the rise. According to Fortune, activewear has been flying off the shelves, with companies like Nike and Under Armour seeing a double-digit rise in their sales of fitness attire last year as more people adopt the “athleisure” trend.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization