The good times keep rolling for Amy Schumer: the actress has reportedly sold her first book for $8 to 10 million, a source told Entertainment Weekly.
EW reports that the auction for the manuscript ended last Friday. Representatives for Schumer did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Schumer follows in the recent tradition of successful women comedians publishing highly anticipated memoirs. Hits in the genre have included Tina Fey’s Bossypants, Amy Poehler’s Yes Please and Mindy Kaling’s Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
Schumer’s news comes just days after her Comedy Central show Inside Amy Schumer won Outstanding Variety Sketch Series at the Emmys. Her summer comedy Trainwreck continues to rake in box office bucks: it’s made nearly $138 million worldwide, according to Deadline. Her first HBO special, Amy Schumer: Live at the Apollo, will premiere Oct. 17.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving