On Monday night, Jimmy Kimmel announced that a different celebrity will appear on the show every day this week to do a dramatic reading of mean tweets directed at them. It’s a twist on his popular sketch series, with soft music playing in the background as if the celebrities were on stage at an open mic night. After Cumberbatch read aloud a message that said people who find him attractive must also like staring at a “cats anus” (without the apostrophe “s”), he replied, “Well someone did [find him attractive], and she put a ring on it,” holding up his ring finger.
Biopic Actors and Their Real-Life Counterparts
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at firstname.lastname@example.org