1. Does putting police in schools create a self-fulfilling prophecy?
By Melinda D. Anderson in the Atlantic
2. As recruitment slips, it’s clear we need to give our troops a raise.
By Norb Ryan in Defense One
3. Think peer-to-peer sharing, but for home solar.
By Ben Schiller in Fast Co.Exist
4. Even if we wanted to, Americans couldn’t eat the recommended number of vegetables.
By Tracie McMillan in NPR’s the Salt
5. To slash carbon emissions, what if we created a market for coal we kept in the ground?
By Natalie Shoemaker in Big Think
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement