One of Jimmy Fallon’s favorite pastimes is bringing celebrities onto his show and causing them profound physical discomfort. He’s smashed eggs onto the head of Tom Cruise. He’s thrown water directly into the face of Lindsay Lohan. He hurled sticky balls at a velcro-covered Channing Tatum.
His latest—and most ferocious—coup: Smacking Ryan Reynolds in the face with a massive prosthetic hand.
Last night, Reynolds stopped by The Tonight Show to promote his new movie, Mississippi Grind, in which he plays a smooth-talking gambler. To prove he was worth his salt in card-sharking, Fallon asked Reynolds to engage in a friendly game of Slapjack, yet another one of Fallon’s twisted divertissements. This particular game, as Fallon explained it, “works the same as blackjack, but at the end of each round, the winner gets to slap the loser across the face with a giant prosthetic hand.”
Naturally, Reynolds soon found himself knocked to the ground by the large, fleshy palm, the latest victim of Fallon’s malevolent mind.
Mississippi Grind hits theaters this Friday, Sept. 25.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer