One of Jimmy Fallon’s favorite pastimes is bringing celebrities onto his show and causing them profound physical discomfort. He’s smashed eggs onto the head of Tom Cruise. He’s thrown water directly into the face of Lindsay Lohan. He hurled sticky balls at a velcro-covered Channing Tatum.
His latest—and most ferocious—coup: Smacking Ryan Reynolds in the face with a massive prosthetic hand.
Last night, Reynolds stopped by The Tonight Show to promote his new movie, Mississippi Grind, in which he plays a smooth-talking gambler. To prove he was worth his salt in card-sharking, Fallon asked Reynolds to engage in a friendly game of Slapjack, yet another one of Fallon’s twisted divertissements. This particular game, as Fallon explained it, “works the same as blackjack, but at the end of each round, the winner gets to slap the loser across the face with a giant prosthetic hand.”
Naturally, Reynolds soon found himself knocked to the ground by the large, fleshy palm, the latest victim of Fallon’s malevolent mind.
Mississippi Grind hits theaters this Friday, Sept. 25.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org