At long last, the trailer for Michael Bay’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie has arrived. Because it’s a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, there are mutant turtles that are teenagers and ninjas, and because it’s a Michael Bay movie, there are lots of explosions, abundant CGI and Megan Fox.
There’s not a whole lot else to glean from the trailer (it’s just one minute and 30 seconds, rather than the traditional two minutes and 30 seconds) other than that Times Square will be mostly destroyed and that William Fichtner will be heavily involved. Also, the titular characters — who are glimpsed only briefly — seem somewhat larger and more intimidating than they did in previous live-action versions of TMNT.
The film is currently slated for an August 8 U.S. release.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com