The Harry Potter fansite has been redesigned with brand-new writing straight from the author herself, plus other coverage of the latest Harry Potter news.
“The new writing from J.K. Rowling sheds unexpected new light on the origins of the Potter family name, delves into Harry’s ancestry, explains how his grandfather quadrupled the family’s fortune and how the Invisibility Cloak became a family heirloom,” the site said in a statement.
What’s more, the site will now also offer writing by “the Pottermore Correspondent,” who is “a HUGE Harry Potter fan,” not to mention a “journalist.” The Pottermore Correspondent will be “dedicated to reporting on all the latest updates going on in the Wizarding World,” according to the website. Those updates will include news about the upcoming film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the upcoming play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
Perhaps the best part for Potterheads? The new website was designed for mobile phones, making sharing on social media even easier.
But where did the old website go? According to the Pottermore Correspondent, “Ah, website heaven? We’ve held the ultimate House Cup, postponed Potions class, and shut down the original Pottermore.com. The honest-to-Merlin reason for doing that? We have so much more to give you.”
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time