Apple initially delayed the launch of watchOS 2, its new smartwatch software, by a week due to an unexpected bug.
Fortune is here to help you avoid similar hiccups—here’s what you need to know to update that Apple-branded wrist-worn computer of yours without any problems.
The process is simple, but it will take some time. We recommend that you carve out about 20 minutes to complete the update.
Make sure your watch is attached to its charging cable and that it has at least 50% battery life. Keep your iPhone near the watch, too.
Inside the Apple Watch app on your phone, tap “General.” Then choose “Software Update,” which should be second on the list of options. Finally, press “Download and Install.”
The rest should be self-explanatory.
The software update has the usual performance upgrades as well as interesting new features, which you can read more about here. Or read about the gadget’s forecasted market dominance until 2019 here.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction