Apple initially delayed the launch of watchOS 2, its new smartwatch software, by a week due to an unexpected bug.
Fortune is here to help you avoid similar hiccups—here’s what you need to know to update that Apple-branded wrist-worn computer of yours without any problems.
The process is simple, but it will take some time. We recommend that you carve out about 20 minutes to complete the update.
Make sure your watch is attached to its charging cable and that it has at least 50% battery life. Keep your iPhone near the watch, too.
Inside the Apple Watch app on your phone, tap “General.” Then choose “Software Update,” which should be second on the list of options. Finally, press “Download and Install.”
The rest should be self-explanatory.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms