A giant pumpkin at the Cedarburg Wine & Harvest Festival in Wisconsin weighed in at 2,145.5 pounds (a little more than a ton), setting a new North American record.
Factory worker Gene McMullen, who grew the pumpkin in Streator, Illinois, called the achievement “dumb luck” in an interview with FOX 6 Now. The giant one he entered last year weighed about 1,600 pounds.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears