A giant pumpkin at the Cedarburg Wine & Harvest Festival in Wisconsin weighed in at 2,145.5 pounds (a little more than a ton), setting a new North American record.
Factory worker Gene McMullen, who grew the pumpkin in Streator, Illinois, called the achievement “dumb luck” in an interview with FOX 6 Now. The giant one he entered last year weighed about 1,600 pounds.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer