Becoming a parent is hard enough, but raising kids in the public eye has its own unique set of challenges. In the new issue of GQ, Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds says one of his oldest friends tried to sell pictures of James, Reynolds’ daughter with wife and fellow actor Blake Lively, for money.
“He had been shopping pictures of my baby around,” he told the magazine. “I kind of got in front of it, which is good. But it was a slightly dark period. A bad couple of weeks.”
Reynolds says it was the first time he felt betrayed by someone close to him since becoming famous. “It was like death,” he said. “It was like one of those devastating things to find out.”
After learning of the attempted sale, Reynolds confronted the friend with a “strongly worded conversation.” “It’s just, ‘Oh, well, now I’m never going to see you or talk to you again, unfortunately,'” he explained. “That’s kind of how he worked out.”
Read the rest of the interview over at GQ.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at firstname.lastname@example.org