Though the real estate tycoon’s bombastic campaign speeches would have been perfect fodder for Stewart’s Daily Show, the Emmy winner told reporters he’s not going through TV withdrawal.
“If I would have known what life was like on the other side, I probably would have left sooner. It’s f—— fun out there,” he said at the awards show. “You can do whatever you want during the day. You can get a smoothie at 2.”
And the comedian said he wouldn’t ever consider coming back, even if Trump does move into the White House.
“I would consider getting in a rocket and going to another planet,” he cracked, “because clearly this planet’s gone bonkers.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com