1. Do stock options make CEOs take irresponsible risks?
By William G. Gilroy at the University of Notre Dame
2. The blockbuster El Niño coming this winter could help California but devastate the tropics. Here’s how we can help.
By Kyle Meng and Solomon Hsiang in the Guardian
3. Coding in kindergarten preps young minds for a computer science future.
By Anya Kamenetz at NPR
4. These Bolivian craftswomen are knitting replacement parts to repair human hearts.
By Ignacio de los Reyes in BBC Health Check
5. This might be the tech that makes things disappear.
By Lynn Yarris at Berkeley National Lab
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk