The Emmys came and went Sunday night, awarding statues to TV’s greatest, but one of the major highlights came from a commercial. Midway through the ceremony, Apple Music premiered a new TV spot, directed by Ava DuVernay and starring Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson, and Mary J. Blige all just hanging out at Blige’s house for a mixtape party, a.k.a. our dream afternoon.
After the clip debuted, DuVernay tweeted that it was the first of three commercials starring Washington, Henson, and Blige. The next two will debut later in the week.
Predictably, the Internet lost it:
Apple Music debuted in June and offered users a free three-month trial, which will end in September for those who signed up when the streaming service was first released. Well played, Apple.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction