Nope, Darrell Hammond will not play Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live this fall.
Instead, the former Celebrity Apprentice host, who’s now the Republican frontrunner in the presidential primary, will be played by Taran Killam.
NBC confirmed the comic has landed the coveted gig. Deadline first reported that Killam beat out several current SNL performers who auditioned to play Trump in the show’s upcoming 41st season.
Hammond, who is now the weekly sketch comedy show’s announcer, will revive his Bill Clinton impression for the policial season, however.
Prior to SNL, Killam had stints on How I Met Your Mother and The Awesomes. SNL returns Oct. 3 with host and musical guest Miley Cyrus.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org