Lionel Richie had the distinct honor of having Jimmy Fallon sing to his head on Friday night’s episode of The Tonight Show.
Dressed in ’80s pastels and a ridiculous red wig, Fallon took the lead, singing Richie’s 1984 hit, “Hello” while Richie could barely make a straight face throughout.
The famous music video for the song stars Richie as an acting teacher whose blind student sculpts a likeness of his head. In the sketch, Fallon takes on the role of the sculptor and Richie, the head.
Watch the clip above to see Richie and Fallon harmonize as the host stares longingly at Richie’s head.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org