The excitement of ride-hailing apps is that you never know who’s right around the corner coming to pick you up. It might even be your city’s favorite new sports star.
That was the case for lucky Lyft users chauffeured by Kris Bryant, a rookie player for the Chicago Cubs, in a new video posted by Lyft.
“The Cubs are doing really, really well, which is kind of unprecedented and unlike them,” one passenger says to Bryant, who wore sunglasses to obscure his identity. “I’m not sure who the third baseman is, or is it Kris Bryant?”
“Yeah,” Bryant says, stifling a smile. “That’s right.”
Behind the glasses, none of his passengers recognized him, but Bryant always eventually introduced himself . When asked by a passenger if he plays any sports, Bryant replies, “I play baseball. I’m pretty good.”
“So why aren’t you in the pros then?” the passenger asks. “Not to make you feel bad about it.”
“I’m actually the third baseman for the Chicago Cubs,” Bryant says, then extends his hand as he applies the brakes. “I’m Kris Bryant.”
Watch the video below:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving