Ice Cube is already known for his “trademark scowl,” so really, he should have no problem playing iconic curmudgeon Ebenezer Scrooge in an upcoming A Christmas Carol reboot. The new film will be called Humbug and will offer a contemporary retelling of the Charles Dickens classic, Deadline reports.
The rapper’s version of Scrooge will be a wealthy real estate mogul, but otherwise, the story sounds like it won’t change too much. The ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future will all visit him, lead him to redemption, and so on.
Ice Cube has been busy with this summer’s Straight Outta Compton, which documents his time with the hip hop group N.W.A. He didn’t actually appear in it (his son played him) but he did produce it.
There’s no official release date for Humbug yet, but Deadline speculates that it could be out in 2017.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms