A roundup of the most intelligent takes on global affairs this week
The Imam’s Curse – New Yorker
Wonder what price will be paid by those who brought such a prosecution. If any.
Coming to America and Coming of Age – Wilson Quarterly
It has never been easy to be an immigrant in America. And yet would-be emigrants keep coming. Their faith in America should inspire Americans to remember what their country represents for those seeking a better life.
Why Do So Many People Want So Little From the Agreement With Iran? – Foreign Policy
Washington’s biggest problem is that too many lawmakers care more about smart politics than smart policy. National security is the area where this kind of complacency is dumbest and most dangerous.
On Russia, Donald Trump’s Bluster is No Match for Putin – The New Republic
In public, Putin never speaks as loudly as Trump. He doesn’t have to.
You don’t have to carry a weapon to feel the impact of PTSD. War affects the lives of a much wider range of people than many realize.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time