The coin flip is so synonymous with randomness that the phrase has become a metaphor for unpredictability itself. We even trust the coin toss with our nation’s most popular sport: Every NFL game begins with a flip to decide which team will kick or receive.
But while everyone intuitively knows there’s a roughly 50-50 chance the coin will land on either side, few understand exactly what makes a coin toss random in the first place.
Watch the video to find out the answer.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time