The coin flip is so synonymous with randomness that the phrase has become a metaphor for unpredictability itself. We even trust the coin toss with our nation’s most popular sport: Every NFL game begins with a flip to decide which team will kick or receive.
But while everyone intuitively knows there’s a roughly 50-50 chance the coin will land on either side, few understand exactly what makes a coin toss random in the first place.
Watch the video to find out the answer.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'