With New Girl star Zooey Deschanel on maternity leave, Megan Fox is stepping in to fill the vacant spot in the show’s Los Angeles loft setting.
The Transformers actress is taking a break from the silver screen for a recurring role in the fifth season of the hit Fox comedy, according to Deadline. She has signed on to play Reagan, a pharmaceutical rep who rents out Jess’ (Deschanel) room while she is away on jury duty. Fox will be introduced in the sixth episode of the season.
“It’s insane to me that such a gorgeous person can be so funny, but I guess we just all have to accept it,” executive producer Liz Meriwether told Deadline. “I’ve been a fan of her comedic skills since This Is 40 and I’m so excited to have her on the show. We had Megan in mind when we wrote this part – she’s the perfect person to come in and shake these guys up.”
While we wait to see how Fox gels with co-stars Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris on-screen, we can be rest assured that Schmidt (Greenfield) is excited about the roommate switch up.
“This has been on my vision board since the pilot!” the actor tweeted on Thursday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org