With New Girl star Zooey Deschanel on maternity leave, Megan Fox is stepping in to fill the vacant spot in the show’s Los Angeles loft setting.
The Transformers actress is taking a break from the silver screen for a recurring role in the fifth season of the hit Fox comedy, according to Deadline. She has signed on to play Reagan, a pharmaceutical rep who rents out Jess’ (Deschanel) room while she is away on jury duty. Fox will be introduced in the sixth episode of the season.
“It’s insane to me that such a gorgeous person can be so funny, but I guess we just all have to accept it,” executive producer Liz Meriwether told Deadline. “I’ve been a fan of her comedic skills since This Is 40 and I’m so excited to have her on the show. We had Megan in mind when we wrote this part – she’s the perfect person to come in and shake these guys up.”
While we wait to see how Fox gels with co-stars Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris on-screen, we can be rest assured that Schmidt (Greenfield) is excited about the roommate switch up.
“This has been on my vision board since the pilot!” the actor tweeted on Thursday.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List