As college students settle into a new year at school, Lady Gaga has released a new video sending a powerful message about sexual assault on campus.
“Til It Happens to You,” with lyrics by Diane Warren, was written for the documentary The Hunting Ground, which debuted earlier this year. The new video was directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight, Thirteen) and shows college students experiencing assault in terrible, but unfortunately all too common, situations: in a dorm room, at a party, in a campus bathroom. “Til it happens to you,” Gaga sings, “you don’t know how it feels.” The video concludes with each survivor getting support from the community and overcoming the stigma of sexual assault.
A portion of proceeds from sales of the song will go to organizations working to combat sexual assault and support survivors.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time