Authorities have identified a little girl known as “Baby Doe” whose body was found in a trash bag on a Boston beach three months ago, and her mother and mother’s boyfriend will be charged in her death, officials said Friday.
The girl’s name was Bella Bond, officials said. She was just 2 1/2 years old, the prosecutor said.
Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said the mother’s boyfriend, Michael Patrick McCarthy will be charged with Bella’s murder. The child’s mother, Rachelle Bond, has been arrested for allegedly being an accessory after the fact. “This child, whose very name means beauty, was…
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve