Lupita N’yongo has serious experience staying tight-lipped on the upcoming new Star Wars, so she’d clearly be a good candidate for another show that requires its stars to keep mum on plots and spoilers.
The Oscar winner appears on Vogue’s cover for a second time in October and filmed a video answering 73 questions about her life growing up, her secret talents and her ideal show to make a cameo. Game of Thrones is the answer, to which the interviewer replies that that’s what everyone says.
There may yet be a part suitable for her on a show that has come under fire in the past for a lack of racial diversity. Author George R.R. Martin told a fan who was upset about the lack of diversity that “I do have some ‘characters of color’ who will have somewhat larger roles in [forthcoming book] WINDS OF WINTER. Admittedly, these are secondary and tertiary characters, though not without importance.”
The star speaks Swahili and Spanish in the video and also recites her favorite rap line: “I want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org