1. The second wave of renewable energy: Replace aging hydroelectric dams with super-efficient solar farms.
By John Waldman and Karin Limburg in Yale Environment 360
2. With massive scale and a revolutionary ‘micro insurance’ program, this Indian hospital is making surgery affordable for all.
By Fred de Sam Lazaro at PBS NewsHour
3. More time outside might mean less nearsightedness in children.
By Kathryn Doyle at Reuters
4. Hidden hunger kills millions and we have the tools to beat it.
By Marc Van Ameringen in Al Jazeera America
5. Is it finally time to dump comments on the Internet?
By Robert Montenegro in Big Think
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement