Russian Pranksters Vladimir “Vovan” Krasnov and Alexei “Lexus” Stolyarov have posted their prank call to Elton John on Youtube.
The 11 minute conversation, where they pretend to be Russian President Vladimir Putin, has the musician agreeing to a meeting with the head of state to discuss “the humanitarian issue” of LGBT rights in Russia.
The fake version of Putin’s press secretary, Dmitry Peskov, pretends to translate what Putin says to John, inviting the singer to take part in Moscow’s Gay Pride parade – an event where LGBT activists have been attacked by mobs in the past.The real Dmitry Peskov said that Putin did not contact John, adding that the prank was “not nice.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow