You’ve made it past the resume robots and the critical eyes of the recruiter to land an in-person interview. This is your chance — perhaps your one shot — to wow the hiring manager and stand out from the competition.
Nailing a job interview is all about preparation, but where do you start?
We collaborated with Business Insider’s director of talent, Stephanie Fogle, to come up with the ultimate interview guide, from start to finish.
Follow these steps to land your dream job:
Read next: 7 Smart Ways to Make Yourself More Hireable
More from Business Insider:
- Body language mistakes successful people never make
- Why attitude is more important than IQ
- 5 phrases that will make you look weak at work
- 7 essential Excel tricks every office worker should know
- 10 books that will expand your brain
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization