You’ve made it past the resume robots and the critical eyes of the recruiter to land an in-person interview. This is your chance — perhaps your one shot — to wow the hiring manager and stand out from the competition.
Nailing a job interview is all about preparation, but where do you start?
We collaborated with Business Insider’s director of talent, Stephanie Fogle, to come up with the ultimate interview guide, from start to finish.
Follow these steps to land your dream job:
Read next: 7 Smart Ways to Make Yourself More Hireable
More from Business Insider:
- Body language mistakes successful people never make
- Why attitude is more important than IQ
- 5 phrases that will make you look weak at work
- 7 essential Excel tricks every office worker should know
- 10 books that will expand your brain
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart