On Tuesday’s episode of The Tonight Show, Ariana Grande let her vocal range do the talking when host Jimmy Fallon challenged her to a game of Wheel of Musical Impressions.
The 22-year-old singer started off with an on-the-nose rendition of Britney Spears singing “Mary Had A Little Lamb.” She then went on to completely nail “The Wheels on the Bus” in the style of vocal queen Christina Aguilera.
Fallon and the audience were blown away by Grande’s Xtina impression.
“We should just stop the show there; I don’t know how we can continue,” Fallon said. “That is unbelievable. Wow, I want that recording.”
The host added his own impressions of Aaron Neville singing OMI’s “Cheerleader” and Sting crooning The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face.”
Grande’s final challenge was to emulate Celine Dion performing “Cant Feel My Face.” She at first seemed unsure about how to imitate the Canadian artist’s voice, but once she started singing, it was clear her worries were unfounded. Fallon chimed back in with his Sting impersonation of the song and the two executed a flawless duet.
“I love this game,” Grande exclaimed.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time