Jimmy Fallon had Jessica Alba as a guest on Monday night’s episode of “The Tonight Show,” but skirted around asking about the current lawsuit against her company.
The late-night host steered clear of any hard-hitting questions on recent allegations against products from the beauty line of Alba’s company, The Honest Company. He instead opted to chat with the actress about gifts she brought for his wife and products from the company that he uses for his children.
The Honest Company has come under fire for its allegedly ineffective sunscreen. It is being sued by a consumer for $5 million for “deceptively and misleadingly” labeling its product. The plaintiff, Jonathan Rubin, has also claimed that some of the company’s “natural” products contain unnatural ingredients.
Reviews from Amazon customers who have purchased the sunscreen also complain of similar issues.
Alba has stated the claims against her company are “baseless and without merit.”
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.