Ronda Rousey, the champion mixed martial arts fighter, has no qualms about fighting a man. During a Monday appearance on the Ellen Degeneres Show, Rousey demonstrated some of the moves that have led her to become an undefeated UFC fighter on Ellen’s executive producer.
Producer Andy Lassner was surprised and reluctant to join Rousey, whose record stands at 12-0, in the make-shift cage they set up on stage. Rousey swept Lassner off of his feet and tossed him to the ground, before pinning him down with her leg. “How’s that feel?” Ellen asked.
“It’s fine,” Rousey said. “I’m fine. Oh, were you asking him.”
Lassner repeatedly tried to fight his way out of Rousey’s grip, but he was no match for the champion.
The matchup could offer a tease of a Rousey v. Man fight in the future, don’t take it as a sign of things to come. In a recent interview, Rousey said her days of talking about boxing champion Floyd Mayweather are done and that she doesn’t think “any co-ed combat sports event is a good idea.“
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow