If you’re a fan of The Beatles, get your checkbook ready.
Drummer Ringo Starr has some seriously cool memorabilia from The Fab Four that he’s putting up for auction, according to the Associated Press.
Starr — “the funny one” in Beatles lore — and his wife are putting more than 800 items up for sale. Some of the prized items include a Rickenbacker guitar that fellow Beatle John Lennon played before giving it to Starr. There’s also the “Number One” edition of the Beatles “White Album,” and another guitar previously used by lead guitarist George Harrison.
Ringo’s 1963 three-piece drum kit is on sale as well, and it’s expected to sell for between $300,000 and $500,000.
Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills, Calif., is hosting the auction on Dec. 4-5, and expects that total proceeds could be more than $10 million, a portion of which will go to Starr’s charity for social causes around the world.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate