Ronda Rousey can check another thing off her bucket list: the UFC Champion stopped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday for the very first time.
Rousey opened up about her pre-fame check list, which included winning the UFC championship, becoming BFFs with Serena Williams, and appearing on DeGeneres’ show.
“How come I’m not your best friend?” DeGeneres says. “Why is Serena your best friend?”
The highest-paid fighter in the UFC chatted with the host about the Olympics, her book My Fight / Your Fight, and how she definitely isn’t afraid to tap into her emotional side – especially the week before a fight.
“You’re so amped up and it’s like every emotion that you could possibly have it happens during that week,” Rousey says. “It’s like the most stress, most anxiety, most pressure possible and then it’s the happiest you could possibly be. It’s all these things and it’s just sometimes you cant hold it in. It’s gotta leak out of somewhere why not your eyes?”
The MMA champ is set to star in the Road House reboot, with more on that project available here. Check out the clip above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms