Ronda Rousey can check another thing off her bucket list: the UFC Champion stopped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday for the very first time.
Rousey opened up about her pre-fame check list, which included winning the UFC championship, becoming BFFs with Serena Williams, and appearing on DeGeneres’ show.
“How come I’m not your best friend?” DeGeneres says. “Why is Serena your best friend?”
The highest-paid fighter in the UFC chatted with the host about the Olympics, her book My Fight / Your Fight, and how she definitely isn’t afraid to tap into her emotional side – especially the week before a fight.
“You’re so amped up and it’s like every emotion that you could possibly have it happens during that week,” Rousey says. “It’s like the most stress, most anxiety, most pressure possible and then it’s the happiest you could possibly be. It’s all these things and it’s just sometimes you cant hold it in. It’s gotta leak out of somewhere why not your eyes?”
The MMA champ is set to star in the Road House reboot, with more on that project available here. Check out the clip above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time