Forget Batman v Superman. How about Batman v Bourne? According to Matt Damon, the Caped Crusader can’t hold a candle to Jason Bourne.
During the Toronto International Film Festival, E! News asked the actor if his action hero persona could take on Batman, played by his pal Ben Affleck in the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
“Jason Bourne would kick the s–t out of Batman — absolutely!” Damon said. “Batman’s gotta take on Superman first. If he could beat him then maybe he could take on Jason Bourne.”
Damon is in the middle of filming the fifth Bourne movie, directed by Paul Greengrass and co-starring Julia Stiles and The Danish Girl’s Alicia Vikander. According to him, he doesn’t need to portray a comic book character when Bourne is his superhero.
“I think they’re kind of out of superheroes,” he said. “Ben’s going to be like the sixth or seventh Batman, so I don’t think there’s really any left. So I’m good. Jason Bourne is my superhero.”
Damon will be seen next in The Martian, opening in theaters Oct. 2.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022